Thursday, May 2, 2013

my novel is finished

The fantasy novel I'd mentioned before, which I've given the title Blood Brothers, is finished. It came in at about 111K, or 375 pages. And despite the lack of success I've had with my previous attempts, I've decided to self publish it. It should be available on Kindle by the end of the month. My hope is that, because of certain differences, this title will find success where my other titles haven't.

Why am I hopeful that Blood Brothers will find success when my other titles haven't? There are several reasons, but here's the most important:

Blood Brothers is, in my humble opinion, the best thing I've ever written. It's visceral and immersive and thrilling and horrifying and moving. It has moments of violence that are capable of upsetting even the jaded minds of the masses, and it has moments of utter bleakness and despair, but it also has moments of redemption and hope that feel more real, and more earned, than what appear in the vast majority of books in any genre. And it's got ideas that are big enough, and radical enough, to turn people's worldviews upside down. I'm hoping, almost desperately, that Blood Brothers will find success because I honestly believe that it's a book that deserves an audience.

No comments: